VICOR @ FIU
The Virtual Institute of Cyber Operation and Research (VICOR) is a highly competitive program aimed at providing students the opportunity to develop essential cyber operational skills and leadership skills. The goal of this program is to improve students’ skillsets to serve effectively in Defense Agencies (i.e. Armed Services, DoD, NSA) or Defense Industrial Base companies (i.e. Raytheon Technologies, Lockheed Martin, GE, Northrop Grumman, MITRE Corporation). See press release:
VICOR is aligned with the initiatives of The Virtual Institutes for Cyber and Electromagnetic Spectrum Research and Employ (VICEROY) program which is intended to increase the quantity and quality of students who possess job-ready DoD cybersecurity skills upon graduation. The approach is to augment traditional college curricula by providing hands-on, experiential learning opportunities that are uniquely tailored to match the workforce demands of the Armed Services, Department of Defense, and our Defense Industrial Base partners.
The VICOR at FIU program benefits students by offering up to $12,000 in benefits. This is accomplished through scholarship, training, experiential learning opportunities and research, mentorship, and unique networking opportunities. Benefits include:
– Scholarships to take courses in cybersecurity, digital badges in (Cybersecurity of Telecommunication Networks, Cybersecurity Fundamentals, Introduction to Digital Forensics, Machine Learning and AI, Security of Internet of Things, and Electromagnetic Spectrum Operations) many align with Electrical and Computer Engineering concentrations.
– Continuous mentorship by industry or government leaders (beyond graduation)
– Attendance at bi-weekly talks with industry and government leaders in cybersecurity
– Work on real-world research projects under the mentorship of the faculty and experts
– Attendance at an intensive cyber certification boot camp and cyber certification exam vouchers
– Regular professional development opportunities (resume workshops, mock interviews, career fairs)
– And more…
If you are interested please complete the following application: https://forms.gle/pnGK5GQAQ7Zdz3Ze6
If you have any questions about the VICOR program, please direct your questions to the PI,
Alexander Perez-Pons (email@example.com).
*Note: Students that complete this program have no obligation to work in the government or with Defense Industrial Base partners.